- Altar Servers – for all those who will be enrolled into the Guild of St Stephen and those who will receive silver medals, there will be a practice at St Joseph’s Church on Wednesday 20th December at 7.30pm for the St Stephens day Mass on 26th December (Boxing Day) 10 am at St Joseph’s. Please try to attend the practice Thank you Sandy
- School Form signatures – All forms need to be completed, please attach copies of the baptism certificate and delivered to the office at Eastgate Gardens Monday to Wednesday and collected on the Friday during office hours 9am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4pm, Please make sure you are registered on our data base as the forms cannot be signed if you are not registered
- Keep Christ in Christmas. The Christmas stamps this year are either Madonna and Child or a snowman. The knights of St Columba request that parishioners ask for the Christian stamps to help Get the message of Christmas across. The Royal Mail will only continue to Issue Christian ones if there is sufficient demand.
- Number Five Homeless Project. A very big thank you to the team at the University of Surrey who provided a splendid Gala Dinner in aid of Number Five and to all parishioners and others who donated prizes and attended this very enjoyable event which raised over £1000 to support Number 5. An equally big thank you to all our loyal collectors who froze on the High Street last week to gather over £2000 to fund the ongoing work of the project. And, of course, an enduring thank you to all who respond weekly to the call for donations of goods to help the project fulfil its essential work, including the cold weather emergency facility. Information about Number Five can be found at http://numberfiveproject.co.uk/.
- The SVP will be putting boxes at the back of the churches for the next few Sunday's for the Collection of non- perishable food items for Christmas Hampers for those in need.
children, youth & family notices
- The Children, Youth and Families Ministry are seeking volunteers to help with this year's Confirmation programme. We will be meeting at St Joseph's each Sunday from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm during term time, starting on 8 January 2018 and running until 10 June 2018, with Confirmation Mass on 23 June 2018. We appreciate that this is a big commitment but it is extremely rewarding work and essential for the preparation of our young people. If you would like to know more, please get in touch at email@example.com
St josephs Notices
- Shop News: Catholic diaries and calendars now available in the Traidcraft/Repository shop. Also many new books from CTS including the Gospels and children’s books. Thinking about baking your Christmas cake – how about using Fair Trade ingredients? Dried fruits and a variety of Fair Trade sugars are in stock. Please come and browse.
- The Tuesday Club's Christmas lunch will be at 12 noon for 12.30 pm at the Guildford Golf Club on Tuesday 12 December. Booking is now closed.
- The Tuesday Club run lunches and trips for our senior parishioners. We are still looking for volunteers who are able to offer a few hours a year, or more, if possible. If you are interested in helping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urgent appeal for help – Church Cleaning Rota - Sadly, due to the passing of some of our volunteers and others moving out of the area, numbers are dwindling, and weeks are getting harder to cover. We have a LARGE church so the more help received the better for everyone! My cleaning team covers ONE Saturday morning (for an hour) every 6 weeks. We shall be delighted to hear from you! It would also be especially helpful for some extra pairs of hands to give the church a good clean in the run up to Christmas. You can contact me at Bern@jonmcrae.co.uk or the parish office.
- Christmas Eve, 6pm Nativity Mass -This Mass involves by the children, and we are looking for young volunteers to take part in the gospel play (costumes provided), read bidding prayers, along with older children for the readings. In addition if you are able to help as a Welcomer/usher, Altar Server, Eucharistic Minister or help with the collection, please contact Judith Vickers on 01483 224428 or Sian Acomb on 01483 563070.
- Volunteers are required twice a term to serve coffees after 11.00 am Sunday Mass. If you can help please contact email@example.com or telephone 01483 574583.
st marys notices
- Lift to Mass: The S.V.P. (Soc of St Vincent de Paul) have been asked if there is anyone who goes to the Saturday Mass at 7pm at St. Mary’s Rydes Hill could give a lift to a lady living in Tarragon Court. If anyone can help please contact 567419 or 567505.
st pius X notices
- Friday Devotion - Stations of the Cross at 3.00pm. Divine Mercy at 3.30pm.
- Monday Evening Prayers (Except Bank Holidays)- There is rosary at 7.00 pm followed by Mass at 7.30pm, finishing with adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Confession from 8.00pm to 9.00pm.
- After 9.30am Sunday Mass and 10am Mass on Thursday, you are warmly invited to join us for coffee in the hall. This is the overflow of the Eucharistic Fellowship and the opportunity to be with other Catholics.
- St. Pius X Pastoral Council - This group, which meets every two months to discuss matters local to St. Pius X and report back to the Guildford Parish Council, needs a secretary. Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact Mervyn Burby (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Colette Melly (email@example.com) - Copies of the minutes of St Pius X Council meeting held on Tuesday 14th November, 2017 are available in the Narthex.
- CAROLS ON THE GREEN beside the Bushy Hill Centre Saturday 16th December. If you can help later in the month with distribution of leaflets in your road or those nearby to attract attendance at this event please sign up as soon as possible on the lists provided in the Narthex or contact Angela Sharpe on 01483 570880 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECUMENICAL LENT GROUPS Lent runs from 14th February to 29th March in 2018. The Ecumenical Lent Groups will be using the “York Course” material “On the Third Day”. As ever we need offers to Lead or Host the 5 weekly meetings. So that we can collect participants in good time please consider leading or hosting and please sign up on the list in the Narthex or email StPiusInPrint@gmail.com with the subject Lent Groups not later than 11th December.
- FAIR TRADE ST PIUS X - We need more helpers to run the monthly stall. To join the team. Please contact Gillian on 07941 287832 or at email@example.com
St Edwards Notices
mass intentions & Sunday readings
To book Mass Intentions, please use the envelopes provided at the back of the church; if you wish to book an specific date please make your request through the form below or ring the Parish Office