- The Annual Mass for deceased members of The Knights of St Columba will now take place on Saturday 25 November at 12 noon at St Edward the Confessor Sutton Park. All parishioners are welcome
- Group 2, your local hcpt group, is looking for children and young people who would benefit from a free pilgrimage holiday to Lourdes in 2018. Please contact Jude Darby on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Apostleship of the Sea in Porstmouth would welcome small presents and signed Christmas cards to be distributed to visiting seamen over the Christmas period. eg - Bars of chocolate, shower gel, sweets, tooth brushes and tooth paste. Please put your gift in the box at the back of the church next week. Thank you on behalf of the seamen we never see.
children, youth & family notices
- We have some great youth activities and events going on in our parish. Many of you already contribute regularly to Mass and for one special week we are asking for extra help.
- Sunday 26th November, National Youth Sunday, we would like to invite all young people from across the parish to help during Mass. In this way we can show the parish the blessing of having so many of you, young people, in the congregation. Are you available to help with a part of Mass, for example, reading, saying a prayer, the collection, the offertory or possibly the music? We would love to hear from you, so please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
- You can become part of our weekly youth groups on Mondays and Fridays, if you are aged between 7 and 18. At GYM-jams (for ages 7 to 10), jGYM (for ages 11 to 14) and GYM (for ages 15 to 18) we give you the chance to make friends, have fun and find your own place in faith with young people like you. Find out more about these fantastic evenings on www.cpg.church/youth
- Older than 18? Don’t worry! Especially for you we have monthly Encounters evenings at St. Joseph’s for young people between 18 and 30 years old. You can make friends, chat and hear from inspiring speakers. More about Encounter can be found on www.cpg.church/encounter or follow ‘Catholic Encounters’ on Facebook to stay up to date.
Advent Family Festival
St josephs Notices
- Shop News: Catholic diaries and calendars now available in the Traidcraft/Repository shop. Also many new books from CTS including the Gospels and children’s books. Thinking about baking your Christmas cake – how about using Fair Trade ingredients? Dried fruits and a variety of Fair Trade sugars are in stock. Please come and browse.
- The Tuesday Club run lunches and trips for our senior parishioners. We are still looking for volunteers who are able to offer a few hours a year, or more, if possible. If you are interested in helping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tuesday Club meet in St Joseph's hall on 21 November at 12.30pm for lunch and an advent talk from Sr Oneng. We will also be taking bookings for our Christmas lunch on 12 December which will be held at the Guildford Golf Club. Everyone is welcome.
- Christmas presents We ask for your help to provide a Christmas present for about 100 children who won’t see their mothers on Christmas day, but who will attend events organised by the prison during December. If you can definitely commit to buying a present (value between £10.00 and £13.00), please take one of the tags at the back of the church after Mass and buy as appropriate. Please note for all children over the age of 8 e.g. Argos, Amazon, Accessorize, iTunes, Game etc. Please do NOT wrap the present, but attach the tag to it and leave it at the back of the church before Mass up until the 10th December (during the week gifts may be left at the Presbytery).
st marys notices
- Lift to Mass: The S.V.P. (Soc of St Vincent de Paul) have been asked if there is anyone who goes to the Saturday Mass at 7pm at St. Mary’s Rydes Hill could give a lift to a lady living in Tarragon Court. If anyone can help please contact 567419 or 567505.
st pius X notices
- Bereavement Mass: On Friday 1st December at 7.30pm, a Mass will be said at St Pius X for those who have died in the last 2 years (but all who have experienced a bereavement are welcome). There will be refreshments in the hall afterwards.
- Friday Devotion - Stations of the Cross at 3.00pm. Divine Mercy at 3.30pm.
- Monday Evening Prayers (Except Bank Holidays)- There is rosary at 7.00 pm followed by Mass at 7.30pm, finishing with adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Confession from 8.00pm to 9.00pm.
- After 9.30am Sunday Mass and 10am Mass on Thursday, you are warmly invited to join us for coffee in the hall. This is the overflow of the Eucharistic Fellowship and the opportunity to be with other Catholics.
- St Pius X Ladies Lunch: on Monday November 20th at Guildford Golf Club, 12.30 for 13.00. £18 for starter, carvery and coffee. If you would like to attend please contact Anne Hoye on 01483 562953 or at email@example.com
- St Pius X – 10% Christmas Collection Nominations slips for this year’s 10% charities collection are now available. The aim is to choose charities that particularly strive to help the Poorest of the Poor. Please take a nomination slip, fill it in and hand it in at the end of Masses or nominate by email as indicated on the slip. There is a box for paper nominations in the Narthex on weekdays. Final date for nominations is 20th November. Any queries please contact Mary Fox or Michael Combes or email StPiusInPrint@gmail.com
- CAROLS ON THE GREEN beside the Bushy Hill Centre Saturday 16th December. If you can help later in the month with distribution of leaflets in your road or those nearby to attract attendance at this event please sign up as soon as possible on the lists provided in the Narthex or contact Angela Sharpe on 01483 570880 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catenians Event- St Pius X Church Hall - Cheese and Wine Reception 7 to 9 pm. 2nd December 2017. We are hosting a Catenian Event and I would like to invite any Parishioner who would like to find out a little more about the Catenian Association to join us for some nibbles and a glass of wine. You would be most welcome and you may also see some very familiar faces who are Catenians. William D'Souza (Guildford Catenian Circle President)
St Edwards Notices
- CATHOLIC HERALD: Each week we are left with 4 or 5 unsold copies of this magazine which gives a very helpful round up of news which affects us as Catholics. At £2.50p per issue it costs about the same as a cup of coffee. Why not try it for a week or two and if you wish to become a regular subscriber email email@example.com to reserve a regular copy.
mass intentions & Sunday readings
To book Mass Intentions, please use the envelopes provided at the back of the church; if you wish to book an specific date please make your request through the form below or ring the Parish Office