We are looking for a full-time Youth Worker Could it be you?
The post will be 40 hours per week
Annual salary £20,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience)
The Catholic Parish of Guildford has an established and thriving youth ministry programme that is a leading light. We see over 100 young people weekly at our established youth programmes. We are seeking to appoint a youth worker with passion, vision and drive to help facilitate the growth of this innovative and exciting ministry for our 7 to 18 year old's.
Key personal qualities of a successful candidate are:
- A person who takes their own walk with God and their relationships with people seriously and is an open example to others;
- A passion for and experience of working with young people along with an excitement to see them grow in their faith;
- The ability to relate well with young people in ways that engage, accept and inspire them;
- Good inter-personal skills with young people, children, parents and the pastoral team;
- The ability to work both independently (take the initiative) and collaboratively (in a team), including the ability to lead, organise, and delegate in youth events;
- A flexible working approach – being available to work evenings and weekends, as well as school holidays and annual festivals;
- Have good communication (written and spoken) and IT skills;
- Be willing to take an active role in the worshipping community of the Catholic Parish of Guildford
Interested in the role but not sure whether you should apply? Give Aseel (CYF Coordinator) a call on 01483 562 704 or email email@example.com
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the post-holder is a practising Catholic.
Contract subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date: Monday 16th April 2018
Interviews: Monday 23rd April 2018
To Apply: Send your CV with covering letter and details of two referees to
Monsignor Tony Barry and Aseel Gilbert, Catholic Parish of Guildford, 12 Eastgate Gardens, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4AZ
Any questions? Contact 01483 562 704 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org